What is PATS?
PATS (Publisher Advertising Transaction System) is a non-profit industry initiative to make transactions between publishers and media agencies simpler and more efficient.
The system is a ‘technology bridge’ between agency and publisher systems, providing real-time information on all platforms to the parties in an advertising transaction.
It is compatible with agency systems such as Adazzle and Mediaocean Prisma, forming a shared point of reference across the transaction process.
- A single view of ad booking orders, via the PATS unique reference number (URN)
- Single access point to book across publishers’ total print and digital audiences
- An easier way to brief and book ads across multiple publishers
- Two-way approval processes
- A common platform for the industry’s future development needs
PATS is not a trading system and is designed to support existing relationships and contacts between publishers and agencies.
PATS will not replace conversations between publishers and agencies. But it will reduce the admin ones.